Wednesday, June 27, 2012

LOVEBOMB - Dawn



Dear Dawn,

I wanted to send you a letter from one busy mum to another, to let you know you are being thought of and prayed for. You don’t know me. I’m an anonymous Sister from down South, who heard about you through the wonderful women of the Sisterhood.

Someone nominated you because they think you’re amazing and deserved a treat. When I read your story I couldn’t wait to write to you and let you know that you are loved. It’s so easy for us as mothers to spend all our time and energy caring for others. Sometimes it’s nice to know too, that someone, somewhere, thinks we’re special enough to spend time and energy on us.

So although I’ve never met you, I stopped and thought about you today, and said a little prayer to God, asking him to bless you. I’m praying for health and happiness for you and your family, and wishing you all the very best for the arrival of your new baby.

With love from your anonymous Sister.

Dawn is a wife, mother and has a newborn on its way. She is committed to her family and does an excellent job at intentionally being there for each member of her household. Of course, with her role, most of what she does goes unnoticed. She is an inspiration and I think these sorts of mums should be celebrated for doing their role so well! We wanted to send Dawn treats that she could enjoy in her last few weeks of pregancy and also as she enters her baby moon period. 

With your help we sent Dawn a personalised handwritten letter and Sisterhood poem, two novels (not pictured), $60 - with a note for it to go towards something post baby (I suggested new clothes, but thats up to her), $25 Pretty Birds jewellery voucher, CD of christian worship songs, 2 blocks of chocolate, toffee pop bites, bubbly chocolate, latte sachet, Body Shop body butter, bath bomb, dove beauty bar, dove hair treatment, lipstick, handmade hair tie, hair clips, and three pottles of play-doh (for the toddler!)Please help me learn more about you and The Sisterhood by completing this online survey

READ MORE:

2 comments:

  1. I just love these - what a great idea and such an awesome way to brighten up someones day :) Sophie, I'm in Perth but would love to contribute. Can you please contact me to let me know the most constructive ways I can be involved from such a distance lol..Danni Marriner (samanddanni@gmail.com) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey, i do this too! Just little ole me though. i like the idea of a sisterhood ...what a wonderful thing to do. Go you! x

    ReplyDelete

Wowee! Thanks for leaving a comment :)

Pin It button on image hover